Cameron Students Making Great Strides
Cameron has exited probation!
Message from Principal Harden
Dear Cameron Families,
This will be an exciting year for our school! Last year was the most successful school year in recent Cameron history! Cameron students in every grade posted their highest test scores ever! Cameron had it's 2nd highest Attendance rate ever (94.1%) and the lowest number of misconducts in recent school history! We exited probation, and we were a few percentage points away from becoming a Level 1 school!
At the same time, our parents continued to develop their partnership with the school. We ended the year with Cameron Family Literacy Night II with over 300 attendees. Again, the theme this year is “Working Together to Make a Difference!” We will be contacting you frequently with information about how we can work together.
Rigorous Academics + Social Development + Parent Partnerships = College Readiness
Our goals are the same: to make sure that every student is on the path to college, we must make sure that our students receive the best teaching, that our students are supported and challenged to become respectful and hard-working children, and that the home and the school are on the same page and supporting each other at all times. As always, we will only reach our goal of ensuring that our kids are on track for college by working together. Here a few things parents can do to really help the school:
- If you are available, please volunteer at Cameron or get involved with the parent leadership groups.
- Make sure that your kids are here every day. This year, our attendance goal is 95%.
- Students with Perfect Attendance will be entered into a raffle for five $50 gift cards! If we reach 96% for the school year, the principals will throw a BBQ for the school in June!
- Be sure that the school has current working phone numbers.
- Be sure to set up quiet homework time everyday where kids sit at the table and do all of their assignments and reading with the TV off.
- Reach out to your kids’ teachers if you have questions or concerns.
I know we will have an even better year this year! Please let me know if you have any questions!
Principal S. Harden